As these funny tombstones prove, some people still keep their senses of humor even after passing through to the afterlife. The 33 funny epitaphs on this list are all clever in their own way, and some are even celebrity graves, including Merv Griffin and other beloved famous people. Some of the humor in these comes from the funny name on the tombstone, while others have a clever epitaph written on them.
Would you want a funny gravestone when you die? I’ve never really thought about what I want mine to say, but after reading some of these I’m thinking about making it something funny.
2. What a nice poem
3. What a loser
6. Joker finally got him
7. I bet it does
8. Some guys aren’t into butts so much…
9. But some are…
10. Told you
11. Must have eaten a lot of Taco Bell
12. Look at the first letter of each word
13. Not so much funny as it is cool
14. Eternally laughing
15. RIP Merv
16. He was right
17. We will Butt, we will
18. What a person
19. His brother was named Waffle
20. Big Wayne’s World fan
21. Do you know the Butt Brothers?
22. Excuse me?
23. He was always sick
24. RIP Rodney
25. She’s such a gossip
26. His bottom was very red
27. I see dumb people…all the time
28. Drive slowly over him
30. I wonder how many are under there
31. Good friends
32. But where’s the rest of him buried?